Welcome and thanks for visiting WNC Landscaping! We pride ourselves for providing quality, licensed, professional landscaping for over 40 years in western North Carolina. Several areas that separate our landscaping services from others also include: being one of only a few licensed landscape contractors in all of western North Carolina, contract landscapers holding B.S. and/or M.S. degrees from North Carolina State University in Landscape Design and Horticulture; expert knowledge of indigenous and area-compatible plant species; expert knowledge or soil quality and preparation; as well as landscape integrity all giving our business certified professionals with over 65 years of combined experience. We take great pride in our life’s work and are grateful to our customers who time and time again refer our services to others. Additionally we offer services in custom pond and waterfall installation that is not only functionally dependable, but artistic in design and scope. One of our latest design areas is waterwalls for patios, porches or even interiors. We also boast one of the only CERTIFIED Irrigation Specialist in all of western North Carolina. Another area of our business is growing North Carolina certified, pesticide-free Fraser Fir Christmas trees. We grow them right here on our farm and provide fresh cut, choose ‘n cut or dug trees for replanting. We offer a fun, family experience that is quick, convenient and mostly affordable. We are located conveniently between Waynesville and Maggie Valley, NC on Jonathan Creek Road, right off of I-40, Exit 20 and sale our trees from Thanksgiving until December 24th. We encourage our potential clients to research landscaping options and to always inquire into professional background, experience, education and certification … we know you’ll find that no other landscape service is as experienced and qualified as WNC Landscaping. Take your time visiting our website. You can also visit us and join us as a friend on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/WNC.Landscaping Contact us at your convenience. We are ready to not only meet your landscaping needs, but your landscaping visions as well. Thank you!
WNC Landscaping is proud of the work and vast knowledge we have in doing just what our name says … we enhance the landscape of property around western North Carolina. Sometimes, though, our customers are restricted with property access but still want an natural landscape experience with their home.
Licensed landscaper and certified irrigation specialist, Brian Boyd, has limitless talent with designing and installing ponds and waterfalls. Brian worked with a customer to add a “waterwall” to an interior space. The waterwall now graces their living space year-round and provided a one-of-a-kind enhancement to their home value.
Whether you have a room, porch or patio you would like to provide a similar enhancement with a waterwall, contact WNC Landscaping for a free estimate. Check out some or our other waterfall and pond designs in our portfolio for additional inspiration. We would love to bring a touch of nature’s landscape indoors for you.
WNC Landscaping, Inc. * 557 Hemphill Road, Waynesville, NC 28785 * 828.926.3224 * Fax: 828.926.2320 * www.wnclandscaping.com * facebook.com/WNC.Landscaping
You have probably heard that fall is the best time of year for planting. This fact has many reasons to support it and hopefully will encourage you to contact WNC Landscaping in the greater Asheville area for some new additions, cleanups or possibly even a new look to your landscape!
Why is fall so great for planting?
• Plants continue to grow in the fall — Soil temperature and moistures levels are usually much more stable and compatible for root growth also resulting in overall plant health. This is especially important that first critical year of the plants life after planting. Although there is less overall of the plant itself from what is experienced in the spring and summer, the foundation is set for sustainability and maximum growth in the upcoming growing season.
• Easier for the Plant – Just like slowly introducing fish to a new environment, fall planting lessens transplant shock and allows the plant to build a healthy root system. With roots already established in the fall, plants are bigger in the spring and often can withstand dryer conditions during the following summer. There are also fewer pest and disease problems in the fall to deal with.
• Remember to water – The temperatures may be cooler and more comfortable, but newly planted shrubs, trees and plants need good watering, especially at the time of planting for the expanding root system. Considering an irrigation system during planting may save you time and money with your new plants until freezing weather when winterizing should take place for the system, but the benefit is having it ready and available first thing in the spring, especially if drought occurs.
• Overall landscape design — Odds are there were things you like about your landscape and things you would really like to change. Keep all things in mind and note what you’d like to plan towards for your exterior in the future. It may be you can implement some things now and some things later. Keep WNC Landscaping in mind during the fall and holiday season as well when we offer our North Carolina Certified Fraser Fir Christmas trees in a “ball ‘n burlap” option. That means that you can purchase a dug, rather than cut tree from us to use in your home for the holidays and then replant outside as part of your landscape. We are one of only a few in western North Carolina to offer dug trees, as well as in our area of Waynesville and Maggie Valley, NC.
• Growing time – Landscape and gardening professionals know that several weeks are needed for root establishment before hard winter temperatures freeze the ground, so it’s important to call today for advice, insight and estimation for your landscape now to maximize your plant’s life and your dollar.
• Keeping it Up — It is also a good time to conduct the pruning of plants, trees and shrubs you currently have and want to keep and maintain well. WNC Landscaping can help with reshaping and maintaining your landscape as well. Thorough watering and new mulching after pruning and planting is very important. Avoiding fertilization of new plants at this time is also recommended. However, there are and should be different recommendations for your lawn which WNC Landscaping can help with!
• Fall Beauty – Typically one of the most beautiful times of the year, especially in North Carolina is the fall. It’s a time to enjoy the outside beauty of our area and the areas where we work and live. So enhancing or changing your landscape when you can most enjoy it makes sense!
Erv Evans, Extension Associate with North Carolina State University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences in the Department of Horticulture wrote a good general article entitled basically, “Planting Trees and Shrubs.” The article gives good insight and explanation to the many facets of planting and lends the reader to appreciate the benefits of licensed, professional landscaping for quality and to insure the duration of landscape additions.
Call WNC Landscaping in Waynesville, NC today and let us help you enjoy fall!