Welcome and thanks for visiting WNC Landscaping! We pride ourselves for providing quality, licensed, professional landscaping for over 40 years in western North Carolina. Several areas that separate our landscaping services from others also include: being one of only a few licensed landscape contractors in all of western North Carolina, contract landscapers holding B.S. and/or M.S. degrees from North Carolina State University in Landscape Design and Horticulture; expert knowledge of indigenous and area-compatible plant species; expert knowledge or soil quality and preparation; as well as landscape integrity all giving our business certified professionals with over 65 years of combined experience. We take great pride in our life’s work and are grateful to our customers who time and time again refer our services to others. Additionally we offer services in custom pond and waterfall installation that is not only functionally dependable, but artistic in design and scope. One of our latest design areas is waterwalls for patios, porches or even interiors. We also boast one of the only CERTIFIED Irrigation Specialist in all of western North Carolina. Another area of our business is growing North Carolina certified, pesticide-free Fraser Fir Christmas trees. We grow them right here on our farm and provide fresh cut, choose ‘n cut or dug trees for replanting. We offer a fun, family experience that is quick, convenient and mostly affordable. We are located conveniently between Waynesville and Maggie Valley, NC on Jonathan Creek Road, right off of I-40, Exit 20 and sale our trees from Thanksgiving until December 24th. We encourage our potential clients to research landscaping options and to always inquire into professional background, experience, education and certification … we know you’ll find that no other landscape service is as experienced and qualified as WNC Landscaping. Take your time visiting our website. You can also visit us and join us as a friend on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/WNC.Landscaping Contact us at your convenience. We are ready to not only meet your landscaping needs, but your landscaping visions as well. Thank you!
WNC Christmas Trees
Quality is our Business!
Thank you for a great 2016 Season, We are now Closed; See you in 2017
WNC Landscaping has the finest, freshest and fullest NC certified Fraser Fir Christmas trees at the best price grown PESTICIDE-FREE right here on our tree farm. Plan on visiting us this upcoming holiday season. We are located conveniently right off of I-40, Exit 20 (Maggie Valley, NC Exit) on Hwy 276 and have two tree shopping options, our tree lot and Christmas tree farm.
Planning a trip for Maggie Valley Christmas trees? WNC Landscaping grows and sells only the best Christmas trees to celebrate the holidays. Each Christmas tree has its own unique beauty and special characteristics. We are committed to providing the freshest, most premium organic Christmas trees available. Our Fraser Fir Christmas trees are of the highest quality and are grown in their native soil right here in the Waynesville Maggie Valley area of North Carolina on our tree farm. Each tree is carefully hand-inspected before being sold to ensure that it meets our high standards.
Why choose your Christmas tree from WNC Landscaping? You get freshest, highest quality Fraser Fir for the best price! Not to mention our service is quick, convenient and hassle-free! We want this selection to be fun and easy as well as time-saving especially when the holidays are busy enough. We will work with you to choose a freshly cut tree from our lot or let you meander through our Christmas tree farm for the “choose & cut” experience.
We offer “ball & burlap” trees that you can use in your home then plant in your yard for years to come. Come to WNC Christmas Trees at WNC Landscaping. Bring your family and make a tradition out of getting your tree from us!
Like us on Facebook and find a special offer on your Christmas Tree purchase! facebook.com/WNC.Landscaping
Our lot and tree farm is conveniently located off I-40 on Exit 20 on Jonathan Creek Road as you travel towards Maggie Valley in Haywood County. Just look for the big red barn right on the road with the beautiful lighted star. No one in the Waynesville, NC area will give you more courtesy, time and assistance! To help you choose which tree is best for you please call 828-926-3224 or 828-226-0747. You can also contact us for further assistance.
Fraser Fir: America’s Most Popular Christmas Tree.
Where can I purchase a Waynesville Christmas tree? View Larger Map Tree Lot Address (Open 10 AM – 7PM Weekdays) 2436 Jonathan Creek Rd Waynesville, NC 28785 Choose ‘n Cut Farm (Open Fri/Sat/Sun; 10 AM – 5:00 PM; Closed for 2016 Season) 624 Hemphill Road Waynesville, NC 28785
WNC Landscaping, Inc. * 557 Hemphill Road, Waynesville, NC 28785 * 828.926.3224 * Fax: 828.926.2320 * www.wnclandscaping.com * http://wncchristmastrees.com * facebook.com/WNC.Landscaping * Google+WNCLandscaping
You have probably heard that fall is the best time of year for planting. This fact has many reasons to support it and hopefully will encourage you to contact WNC Landscaping in the greater Asheville area for some new additions, cleanups or possibly even a new look to your landscape!
Why is fall so great for planting?
• Plants continue to grow in the fall — Soil temperature and moistures levels are usually much more stable and compatible for root growth also resulting in overall plant health. This is especially important that first critical year of the plants life after planting. Although there is less overall of the plant itself from what is experienced in the spring and summer, the foundation is set for sustainability and maximum growth in the upcoming growing season.
• Easier for the Plant – Just like slowly introducing fish to a new environment, fall planting lessens transplant shock and allows the plant to build a healthy root system. With roots already established in the fall, plants are bigger in the spring and often can withstand dryer conditions during the following summer. There are also fewer pest and disease problems in the fall to deal with.
• Remember to water – The temperatures may be cooler and more comfortable, but newly planted shrubs, trees and plants need good watering, especially at the time of planting for the expanding root system. Considering an irrigation system during planting may save you time and money with your new plants until freezing weather when winterizing should take place for the system, but the benefit is having it ready and available first thing in the spring, especially if drought occurs.
• Overall landscape design — Odds are there were things you like about your landscape and things you would really like to change. Keep all things in mind and note what you’d like to plan towards for your exterior in the future. It may be you can implement some things now and some things later. Keep WNC Landscaping in mind during the fall and holiday season as well when we offer our North Carolina Certified Fraser Fir Christmas trees in a “ball ‘n burlap” option. That means that you can purchase a dug, rather than cut tree from us to use in your home for the holidays and then replant outside as part of your landscape. We are one of only a few in western North Carolina to offer dug trees, as well as in our area of Waynesville and Maggie Valley, NC.
• Growing time – Landscape and gardening professionals know that several weeks are needed for root establishment before hard winter temperatures freeze the ground, so it’s important to call today for advice, insight and estimation for your landscape now to maximize your plant’s life and your dollar.
• Keeping it Up — It is also a good time to conduct the pruning of plants, trees and shrubs you currently have and want to keep and maintain well. WNC Landscaping can help with reshaping and maintaining your landscape as well. Thorough watering and new mulching after pruning and planting is very important. Avoiding fertilization of new plants at this time is also recommended. However, there are and should be different recommendations for your lawn which WNC Landscaping can help with!
• Fall Beauty – Typically one of the most beautiful times of the year, especially in North Carolina is the fall. It’s a time to enjoy the outside beauty of our area and the areas where we work and live. So enhancing or changing your landscape when you can most enjoy it makes sense!
Erv Evans, Extension Associate with North Carolina State University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences in the Department of Horticulture wrote a good general article entitled basically, “Planting Trees and Shrubs.” The article gives good insight and explanation to the many facets of planting and lends the reader to appreciate the benefits of licensed, professional landscaping for quality and to insure the duration of landscape additions.
Call WNC Landscaping in Waynesville, NC today and let us help you enjoy fall!